Body contouring procedures can help address a combination of upper and lower body areas based on each patients’ aesthetic goals. William Franckle, MD, FACS can help you find your inner confidence with a custom body contouring solution. Learn more about common procedures. overall health goals, and outcome expectations.
What Is Body Contouring?
Body contouring is a combination of one or more surgical procedures to lift, tighten, and shape the body. Patients interested in body contouring generally have several areas of the body they would like to address. Dr. Franckle uses advanced techniques and a customized procedure plan for each and every patient he sees. Common procedures included in a body contouring surgery include:
- Breast augmentation, reduction, or lift
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Butt enhancement (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- Mommy Makeover
Who Are the Best Candidates for Body Contouring?
Body contouring is not intended to be a weight solution. We want to help our patients reach their final aesthetic goals after they’ve developed a healthy lifestyle that will maintain their results. Good candidates for body contouring are those in good overall health, who have reached and stabilized at their goal weight, and who refrain from smoking. With any body contouring procedure, it is important to have realistic expectations. We will discuss your options and what is recommended for your body during your in-person consultation with Dr. Franckle.
Body Contouring Options for the Upper Body
Body contouring for the upper body is intended to smooth and contour areas above the waist, particularly the breasts, arms, and upper back. Upper body surgeries are popular among female patients, especially those who find themselves unhappy with their appearance following a pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Breast Augmentation: A breast augmentation surgery allows you the opportunity to change the size, shape, and profile of your chest. Adding volume to the chest area can add to the overall contour of the body.
- Liposuction: A liposuction procedure is ideal for patients with stubborn pockets of fat that are not responding to traditional forms of diet and exercise. Dr. Franckle can eliminate these trouble areas through liposuction, where fat cells are broken down and removed through small tubes. Either by laser-assisted or water-assisted technology, very small incisions are made in areas that can easily be hidden.
- Breast Lift or Breast Reduction: For those who wish to minimize the size of their breasts or reshape them after pregnancy or significant weight loss, a breast reduction or breast lift may be beneficial. A breast reduction safely removes excess tissue to decrease the discomfort associated with large breasts. A mastopexy, or breast lift, can help even out an unbalanced breast line and uses specialized resculpting techniques to tighten saggy breasts for a firmer look and feel.
Body Contouring Options for the Lower Body
Lower body contouring focuses on areas of the body below the chest. These procedures address common trouble spots, such as the abdomen, lower back, buttock, and upper thighs to help produce a smoother, more proportionate silhouette.
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck helps create a flatter midsection through the reduction of excess fat and, for some, the removal of extra skin on the hips, flanks, and midsection. By removing fat and tightening the skin, tummy tucks can minimize bulges around the waistline resulting in a more uniform front and side profile.
- Butt Enhancement (Brazilian Butt Lift): Body contouring can help you achieve the aesthetics of the back body that you have always desired. A butt lift with augmentation or butt enhancement can improve the shape, size, and position of the buttocks. During a Brazilian butt lift procedure, liposuction is used to remove from another area of the body to be used in enhancing the buttock. For some patients reshaping the thighs with liposuction or a thigh lift can contribute to a firmer, more youthful overall lower body.
- Mommy Makeover: Following one or more pregnancies, many women find themselves unhappy with their post-baby body. A mommy makeover is actually not a single procedure, but a customized package that combines the effects of breast augmentation and/or breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction.
How Much Does Body Contouring Cost?
The cost of body contouring varies greatly depending on the types of operations and techniques used, the treated areas, and the extent of correction. Dr. Franckle will discuss the cost of your planned procedures with you at your consultation, and financing is available for those who qualify.
How to Prepare
At your initial consultation, Dr. Franckle will discuss your surgical goals and any medical conditions that you may have. This can include a review of your previous surgeries and current medications. After going over your medical history and your goals, Dr. Franckle can help determine which body contouring procedures are best for you.
As surgical technology improves, we’re able to minimize visible scars, which fade over time. We use the most modern equipment and techniques and limit incisions underneath the bikini, underwear, or bra line as often as possible. Bruising, swelling, and discomfort are common during the healing process, but using compression garments and other proper care methods can help resolve these issues and minimize scarring.
Schedule Your Consultation
William Franckle, MD, FACS, is a board-certified plastic surgeon with advanced training in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, as well as state-of-the-art body contouring procedures. Dr. Franckle takes pride in helping patients reach aesthetic goals and rediscover their confidence by providing noticeable results with realistic expectations. Call us today at 856.772.6500 to schedule your consultation at our South Jersey office.